Skip to main content

Get On That Horse!

"They said B.Sc's were no longer good enough,so I got an M.Sc. Then they said the market value of an MBA is higher, so I got on that horse too. Now they're saying I can't truly advance in my career/business without international certifications? But why?"

Lots of professionals ask this question, wondering why their hard-earned work/business experience is not good enough to get ahead.


The issue is not that your experience is not good enough, it's not that your previous degrees(or degree for some people) are no longer relevant; the issue is dear professional is that your singular experience in that particular field of expertise does not a global view make!
That the world is a global village is a concept learnt since primary school, that globalisation is affecting economies is an over-flogged rhetoric.



However, what most professionals DO NOT pay attention to is how to get ahead of the effects of globalisation on their own economic environment. You are still busy talking about its effects when you should be preparing to use the effects to your advantage. 
There are ways to do that but International Certification is one of the cheapest means. While you could travel the world trying to get ideas to improve your self and business(that will cost a looooot of money), you could also interface with world economic leaders through the now easily accessible International Certifications.
Yes it adds pedigree to yo

ur CV, even affects your earning power(and of course you get bragging rights), but beyond the obvious returns of getting certified,you are exposed to world views and practice on a varied number of important strategic matters.


This exposure to "how things work" in seemingly far away parts of the world that have become close neighbours(blame it on globalisation) is value-added to you that CANNOT be quantified.
Whatever knowledge gained from interfacing with International Standards accessed through International Certifications, is the wind beneath your sails that will keep you ahead of the stormy wave of globalisation.


So if you're asking, "should I get on this International Certifications horse?
The answer is YES, get on the horse and ride it all the way to the top of your chosen profession.


Adenike Aloba works with Certification Edge, the number one provider of International Certifications exams and training in Nigeria.
Call her on 08054646576 to discuss the International Certification best suited to you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A WIFE IS LIKE A CAR!!!

I love Nigerians!   We are the definition of the phrase: ‘your brother’s keeper’. We watch out for others so much it is almost too much.   It could be almost annoying at times, at other times it could be the saving grace in certain situations. For instance, in my quest to get to work this morning, I had to wait a few minutes at car-wash bus-stop for the God-sent who was going to help me to work. As I waited, a young woman driving one of those extremely feminine Beetle cars parked and got out of her car.   She hurriedly opened the bonnet and discovered the car was overheating. Leaving the bonnet open, she went to her car to get a bottle of water. She was about to pour the water into the carburetor   when one of the LAWMA officials   who had already crossed the road to go wherever it is he was going hurriedly crossed back screaming: “madam, no pour the water, no pour the water!”. Shocked, she paused to look. In no time, the man was standing by her and explaining the effect of po

ON A LIGHTER NOTE...........

I have been in somewhat of a mood this week. A lot of things on my mind, not altogether serious or bad, just thought provoking occurrences and yes, good ones too. Even the good ones got me thinking. For instance, I am getting a lot of positive feedback about the blog and it is mighty encouraging. My aim is to provoke deep thinking as well as create an escape from the stress that comes with living. And so far, responses have proven that it is being achieved. Yet, with successes come bigger challenges.  My first success is that I started, finally! After much thought, consideration, procrastination and feet dragging, I finally started. That immediately brings with it the challenge of continuing, one that seems oh so simple but isn't quite elementary. Its not enough to start, I must continue. Next big success, people are reading and loving it. That is so flattering but again so challenging, it means I must ensure that the write ups do not just stay good, they must keep getting bet

YOU SABI WHO IM BE BEFORE???

Call me weird but I enjoy bus rides. Yes, I do not mean comfortable air conditioned buses that belong to my father, brother, company or whoever you imagine I would know who might have a bus. I mean Danfo buses! Ok, I am certain I would like it more if the seats weren’t as many and it didn’t carry so many people at the same time. It would get even better if the windows actually work and the doors don’t fall off in motion. Yes, it would be really great if we didn’t have to almost lap each other all through the ride and the half naked conductor did not have to hang on the bus just next to you with your nose just around his hair ridden abdomen. Can people just stop sleeping in buses? I mean even if you have to sleep, can you do it with some finesse, I don’t even know your name so why should I want your head on my shoulder or the souvenir of your spittle on my shirt? Then, can you be kind enough to keep your baby in check; it’s just not fair for him or her to cry all through the tr