Skip to main content

On your mark, set...run!



Like play, like play, 2017 is reading. The changing dates pointing fingers at me, asking what I am doing with the avalanche of opportunities staring me in the face.


So I have begun by thinking, looking within and without. Particularly because Proverbs 19:2 has refused to leave me alone. It is dangerous to have zeal without knowledge, says the wisest man ever liveth. 

For me this year, it is not about the blind rush, I'm withdrawing from the rat race, I am choosing to discover the things that matter, focus on them and excel at them. Hopefully, 12 months down the line, I would be bold to say I fought a good fight.

Of course, I can hardly preempt what the year has in stock for me but I can focus on the author of time and choose to not be swayed by every wind that hits me. If my feet are firm, my hands steady and my eyes single, the lines should fall in pleasant places.

First comes my eternal love, then my companion on the journey called life- him and the home the Lord has given us. Then, this blog and other platforms it will please the Lord to send my way. 

Consistency is the watch word, backed with diligence and unwavering commitment. 
Ok, the vision is written- time to run with it!

What are your projections for the new year? 

Image credit- Pexels.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A WIFE IS LIKE A CAR!!!

I love Nigerians!   We are the definition of the phrase: ‘your brother’s keeper’. We watch out for others so much it is almost too much.   It could be almost annoying at times, at other times it could be the saving grace in certain situations. For instance, in my quest to get to work this morning, I had to wait a few minutes at car-wash bus-stop for the God-sent who was going to help me to work. As I waited, a young woman driving one of those extremely feminine Beetle cars parked and got out of her car.   She hurriedly opened the bonnet and discovered the car was overheating. Leaving the bonnet open, she went to her car to get a bottle of water. She was about to pour the water into the carburetor   when one of the LAWMA officials   who had already crossed the road to go wherever it is he was going hurriedly crossed back screaming: “madam, no pour the water, no pour the water!”. Shocked, she paused to look. In no time, the man was standing by her and explaining the effect of po

ON A LIGHTER NOTE...........

I have been in somewhat of a mood this week. A lot of things on my mind, not altogether serious or bad, just thought provoking occurrences and yes, good ones too. Even the good ones got me thinking. For instance, I am getting a lot of positive feedback about the blog and it is mighty encouraging. My aim is to provoke deep thinking as well as create an escape from the stress that comes with living. And so far, responses have proven that it is being achieved. Yet, with successes come bigger challenges.  My first success is that I started, finally! After much thought, consideration, procrastination and feet dragging, I finally started. That immediately brings with it the challenge of continuing, one that seems oh so simple but isn't quite elementary. Its not enough to start, I must continue. Next big success, people are reading and loving it. That is so flattering but again so challenging, it means I must ensure that the write ups do not just stay good, they must keep getting bet

YOU SABI WHO IM BE BEFORE???

Call me weird but I enjoy bus rides. Yes, I do not mean comfortable air conditioned buses that belong to my father, brother, company or whoever you imagine I would know who might have a bus. I mean Danfo buses! Ok, I am certain I would like it more if the seats weren’t as many and it didn’t carry so many people at the same time. It would get even better if the windows actually work and the doors don’t fall off in motion. Yes, it would be really great if we didn’t have to almost lap each other all through the ride and the half naked conductor did not have to hang on the bus just next to you with your nose just around his hair ridden abdomen. Can people just stop sleeping in buses? I mean even if you have to sleep, can you do it with some finesse, I don’t even know your name so why should I want your head on my shoulder or the souvenir of your spittle on my shirt? Then, can you be kind enough to keep your baby in check; it’s just not fair for him or her to cry all through the tr